I know that right now many of you have little ones at home - they are out of school, it's cold outside and they are bored. Good news - Mod Podge is here to help. Since many of you are also setting up trees this weekend, you can set your kids at a table with these fabric scrap ornaments and let them go to town. Once you are done, slap them on the tree (okay, not so much slapping as placing). They are so easy and inexpensive, you probably have everything you need already, and your kids are going to have a great time.
Gather These Supplies
Mod Podge - your choice of flavors. I used Glitter Gold, Glitter Silver and Gloss
Paper mache ornaments - as many as you want to make
Fabric scraps - I didn't have any holiday ones specificially so I bought 1/8 yard pieces from JoAnn. They were only around $.30 a piece with the sales right now
Embellishments - whatever you have laying around; I used ribbon and buttons
Flat Paint Brush - one for everyone!
Beacon 3-in-1 Advanced Craft Glue
Scissors
Your kids had a great time, didn't they? This might be good for them to make as gifts for family members. You can even have them Mod Podge pictures of themselves or names on top. And as I said, you can use Christmas fabrics, but it would also be fun to use any fabrics and embellishments you have lying around.








11 comments:
So cute and such a great project to do with kids. I'll have to remember that for when my boys get older.
I was just wondering today how to do this. You never disappoint. Thanks!
Sooo much fun! I love this, I'm looking for good ornament tutorials because I want to make ours - not buy them. I know that the ones you make are so much more fun to hang up because they involve memories. :-)
Thanks for sharing!
What a great project! I HAVE to make a few! Thanks so much for sharing such clever and beautiful ideas!
I wanted to tell you thank you so much for your votes and tweets! You're amazing and I'm grateful! ;)
Enjoy the weekend!
Roeshel
Great idea! I know my kids will have a great time doing this.
I love these! I'm going to post a link tomorrow morning from 7LittleMonkeys to your project. Thanks, and the other girls are right, you never disappoint! :)
Shanelle @
http://sevenlittlemonkeys.wordpress.com/
What a great idea!
My kids and I will be doing this tomorrow :) AWESOME!!
That looks like fun! Who doesn't have a ton of scraps around, what a great idea!
I commend them for their ideas. So inspirational and entertaining at the same time.
Caroline White
tonsillitis symptoms
These are so fun amy! I featured them :) http://homeandgarden.craftgossip.com/mod-podge-fabric-ornaments/
Post a Comment
I can't respond to every comment, but I read them all. Thank you so much for reading - I really appreciate you!