
I really love the first photo in this "before and after" dresser project. I always wanted to have a creative room with lots of photos and posters and knick-knacks when I was young, but my parents preferred white wicker furniture with nothing showing. I have to say, the one thing they would let me do was paint my walls - so I did it often. Creativity comes out however it has to my friends!
See the cute girl in the second photo? That is Kenna! She helped her mother Marcy decoupage this (previously pink) dresser for her room re-do, which I think is awesome. Get 'em Podging early, I say. Marcy tells me that the dresser was purchased over 40 years ago by her parents at Goodwill for $10, so in today's dollars that's about $1.69. Yes, I used an inflation calculator. Be kind to nerds.
Anyway, Marcy and Kenna don't have a blog, but they do have awesome Mod Podge skills as you can see. I love the paper they used as well as the flower handle details. One last thing - if you are one of those thinking about beginning a Mod Podge furniture project, get to it! You have the whole weekend. . .






32 comments:
Love it!!! Wish I had a girl!! This is soooo CUTE!!!
ohhhhh sooo loving it! what a great project!
Ohhh.. love love love it! Too cute.
That dresser is gorgeous! Awesome job.
How stinkin cute is that! Love it!
that turned out great! I love black and white!!!
that's great. i've been thinking about buying a really plain dresser from ikea and doing the same type of thing for my son, but VERY boyish. i don't want the boyfriend to disapprove! ha.
Yes! Yes!!!
That is Gorgeous!
What a great job they did.
The dresser turned out beautiful. I'm curious about your calculation though? $1.69?
"$10.00 in 1968 had about the same buying power as $62.01 in 2009."
This quote from the link you gave.
Love the dresser, It's SOO cute!!! I have a plain white dresser and have been thinking about doing something like this for awhile...Now might just be my time to finally start!
That is too cool!! I see a lot of back furniture lately. I'm really loving it. :)
I'm so happy you were a Blog of Note! Your highlighted projects are amazing!
Beautiful! Is there a close up of the flower pulls? Would love to see how they did those.
Love it!! Great job!
Thanks everyone! And Moonshadow, I used the calculator backwards. Whoops :p
Oh, and Lisa, I don't have a picture of that. But what you can do is remove the center of a fake flower from a craft store and screw the knob right through the enter of it.
That's amazing! Really love the handles especially.
I was confused like Moonshadow was about the calculation. Inflation means to rise. :) $60 today makes more sense. ;)
This is s awesome.. I've never heard of this before. You are GREAT !!!
This is so adorable (and so is the girl!). Too cute...
pk @ Room Remix
Woo hoo!! I'm so excited to be on your blog!! Glad everyone likes the dresser. The flowers on the knobs are very cool and SUPER easy to do!
Great project. I've never worked with mod podge.
very nice!!!
Did you know that you were a blogger "blog of note" this week??? Congrats ;)!
DAH! That is too stinkin' adorable! I just found an old dresser for my little girls room, and I just painted it plain old white... it may get a makeover very soon. Very soon! If only the weather wasn't getting so cold here. Hmm....what to do?
"Get 'em Podging early" made me laugh out loud, but it's true!
Another great project!
Molly
http://mollylee.etsy.com/
http://mollyleecards.blogspot.com/
Thank you, very good blog. Now I am a regular reader of his
So cute! I love the colors. It is something that isn't too little girly! Great job!
love it !!! <3
i love it..so cute and yet so cool
Super cute! Love that paper......wish I had some. Is it srapbook paper, tissue paper or wrapping paper?
This is just awesome! Makes me want to attack my dresser with mod podge, lol. I happen to have some... :-D
Post a Comment
I can't respond to every comment, but I read them all. Thank you so much for reading - I really appreciate you!