Wednesday, October 10, 2012

The Bagster bag and a giveaway.


I don't know if you remember, but I recently talked about doing a clean up at my "farm" property in Georgia. Okay, it's not officially a farm, but it is two acres and it's zoned agricultural. It's a big space!

I also don't know if you remember that I had a garage on the back of the property filled with junk as well as the basement, and that I needed a solution for getting it cleaned up. The renters have stuff they need to move so I had to get stuff out:

Luckily Waste Management contacted me, the company who makes the Bagster Bag. They ask me if I'd like to try their service, so I went out and purchased one of these puppies:


And then I filled it:

I wasn't quite sure how difficult it would be to get this thing collected, but I left it out on the side of the house near the curb and they came the next day! Standard turn around is 1 - 3 days, which was cool because I could get the trash out of my life immediately.

And you'll be pleased to know that with my coupon, the pickup was $79 - add the $30 for the Bagster bag, and it was $109 to get rid of a whole bunch of junk. I've rented a dumpster once before and it was 5 times as expensive - making the Bagster bag an awesomely affordable solution for homeowners.

Another nice thing about the Bagster bag? I had to take a few trips up to my property to get it filled, but since I owned the bag, I could do it on my own schedule. That was awesome. The whole process gets two thumbs up from me. If you have a household/DIY/construction mess that you need gone, I highly recommend the Bagster bag. It's so great!

Because Waste Management is so nice, they are sponsoring a giveaway for a Mod Podge Rocks reader - a $100 American Express gift card. Simply follow the instructions below.

a Rafflecopter giveaway

Disclosure: Waste Management partnered with bloggers such as me to participate in its The Bagster® Bag Blogger Challenge. As part of this program, I received compensation to cover the cost of the Bagster bag and pick-up as well as my time. They did not tell me what to purchase or what to say about the products used for the The Bagster® Bag Blogger Challenge. Waste Management believes that consumers and bloggers are free to form their own opinions and share them in their own words. Waste Management’s policies align with WOMMA Ethics Code, FTC guidelines and social media engagement recommendations.

71 comments:

Wish we had one of these a few years ago when we remodeled our kitchen! These Bagster bags look great!

I'd use the Bagster to help throw out all the old cardboard boxes I "swear I'll use" someday lol. I've got a ton! :)

Oh goodness, our garage could totally be cleaned out into one of these!

We're doing some major work on our house right now -- and the bagster is definitely going to come in handy!! We'll need to get one next week.

I'd clean up my mess of a garage and storage shed. This would be amazing for me to clean the junk out of my life before we move in a few months. Thanks!

We have a bathroom that's going to need an overhaul. Then there's the junk in the garage... and leftovers from the previous owners in the attic...

My flower beds and garage needs some serious tlc.

I have a basement full of stuff from family members who have passed away and need it GONE!

We're working on renovating our kitchen and Bagster is perfect for carting away everything we have to rip out.

Wow! Great product & giveaway!

I'd clean up all the stuff the prior tenants left behind!

I could fill up 10 of those from our garage and basement.

I'd use it to help my mom clean out a lot of her junk!

i would use it to clean up my grandmas home place. its ben 3 years since shepassed and we still havent went up there to go through it

I'd help some friends clean up some.

What junk WOULDN'T I get rid of with this? I have a lot of ruined stuff in my garage that would be great to get out of my life.

We're re-doing our basement right now and we have PLENTY of trash to get rid of!

I'd clean up our garage and basement.

Definitely our garage-its overflowing :)
thanks
aunteegem@yahoo.com

All the junk in my basement!!!

We will probably be moving in the next six months. This would be very handy to have when we do!

We just moved into our new house. I have lots of junk to get rid of. Or I would give it to my parents they have a ton of junk!

Hording runs in my family and my dad is the worst. I would clean up their house where so much is left.

I would clean up the mess that is my garage, as well as the storage shed and various and sundry crap in the yard.

All the junk in my unfinished family room... maybe then we could actually USE it??

I would purge the basement and garage of the stuff we brought to our new house, but really don't need after all.

Oh that would work fab for the messy garage! I could def use for that.

That would be so handy for do-it-ourselves remodels.

I would use it for all my parents house repair leftovers.

I'd get rid of all the odds and ends I can't just put in the trash. Oh, and all the junk that the previous owners left in the attic of my home!

we have concrete we pulled up in the backyard, I would get rid of that! thanks for the giveaway!

I will be completely redoing my basement in the next couple months and will have lots of junk to get rid of!

I would clean up the mess from soooooo many DIY projects! Basement, garage, crawl space, etc etc!

Ooo, this is just the thing we've been looking for to clean out our garage! Too many DIY scraps and little things left over, ugh!

This would have been helpful when we moved this past December. It's definitely something I will keep in mind when it's time to move again...in about 2 years! ;-)

Definitely the mess in our garage!

Name on rafflecopter: Mary Happymommy

We will be remodeling our bathroom soon and this would be perfect for that! Thanks for the giveaway!

We are getting ready to move/downsize. I sure could use this for that! (maudemidnightmax (at) yahoo (dot) com)

That's a great idea for cleaning out the garage!

I'd never heard of these until a few months ago when a friend cleaned out her Moms garage. you can really get a lot of stuff in them!

Garage for me also - major mess!

The yard, the garage, and I'd go through my storage room in my house and throw any junk I might find. What a great way to clean up the house inside and out!!

I would clean up my basement..it's a mess!

The ultimate de-cluttering! After my mother's death, I inherited most of her 2-bedroom household to be moved in with our already full 2-bedroom house. Lots of wonderful memories, but so much of the rest needs to go. We have been slowly working our way out of it, but could definitely use some help. :-)

Karen Fitzgerald
kmoore8@charter.net

I would be to clear out our storage places, and save around $200 a month. It would be such a relief to have that stuff gone, and save some money besides.

I'd clean out the garage!


calidreamin87 (at) gmail (dot) com

That's is a great idea. I would be cleaning out the whole house. We want to de-clutter and this would be a perfect solution

I have an attic and basement FULL of things that need to Get.Out.Of.My.House! I would love the chance to have a few days to just pitch everything in there!!!!

We have 30+ years of stuff in our shed from the previous owners. I would love to purge the area and finally give my hubby a workspace of his own!

DH and I are starting in about 10 minutes (first cool day this year) to clean out our garage. It is supposed to be a wood working shop and we can't even get to the end because of our old life filling the whole thing with useless, broken items. It will take time and the bagster is perfect for us.

We have so much junk to get rid of...this would be so helpful!

I would clean up the mess in my garage with the Bagster!!

We will be moving soon and we've been in this house for 6 years. I've heard that that is a long time to accumulate a lot of STUFF! Probably be giving alot away and for the stuff that isn't worth giving away we will be throwing away! Have heard of the Bagster and would love to try it!

I had to pay mega bucks for a dumpster! Wish I had known about that bag!!

the previous owner of our home left a ton of junk / old lumber under the house...it's such a mess!

we are about to move cross country and we will have tons of boxes to get rid of.

jessicarwarfield at gmail dot com

Time to clean out the clutter in the basement!

I have a ton of boxes from where I just moved into my first house I would clean up!

we are getting ready to renovate one of the bathrooms, so the bagster would be perfect!

We have been cleaning some stuff out as well and this would definately help!

my basement and garage needs to be cleaned up

Debris from when we are clearing our property (downed trees, brush, etc.)

I would clean out a shed and basement.

We're tearing down an old back porch. Great way to haul things away!

I'd finally clear out all of the junk my ex left in the basement when he moved out...

I can't believe how strong those things are! That is just incredible! I would LOVE to use those to clean out the old farm sheds that we want to tear down.

I'd clean out my too-full basement!

I would use it when I do my spring cleaning.

Be great to clean out shed and remodeling house

Post a Comment

I can't respond to every comment, but I read them all. Thank you so much for reading - I really appreciate you!